New York Times Bestseller
There is Life After College
What Parents and Students Should Know About Navigating School to Prepare for the Jobs of Tomorrow
Full of tips, advice, and insight, this wise, practical guide will help every student, no matter their major or degree, find real employment—and give their parents some peace of mind.
“Jeffrey Selingo’s book belongs on the desk of every career counselor, on the shelf of every parent, and in the hands of every young person planning his or her future. There Is Life After College is essential reading for navigating the new workplace terrain.”
“An eye-opening exploration of what the future holds for college grads. It’s an essential read for students -- and their parents -- to prepare for launching careers in a radically different job market.”
“Selingo provides valuable information about what kids really need to know to not just be employable, but to be in a position to know what they want, know how to get there, and succeed once they’ve arrived. I will be planting this book in my teenager’s bookshelf.”
“A necessary and thoughtful contribution to the conversation on the role our colleges and universities play in preparing students for young adulthood. Everyone who has an interest in the development of today’s college students and tomorrow’s leaders should read it.”
“Why are so many young adults wandering or straggling in the job market? How can parents help their kids thrive out there? Selingo convincingly frames the 21st century job market as a wholly unfamiliar terrain, then provides comprehensive strategies and tactical tips for tackling it.”
Jeff discusses There Is Life After College on the PBS NewsHour
Jeff Selingo has written about higher education for two decades. He is author of three books and a regular contributor to the Washington Post.
His newest book, There Is Life After College (HarperCollins, 2016), explores how today’s young adults need to navigate school in order to succeed in the job market of tomorrow. His first book, College (Un)Bound, was a New York Times best-selling education book. Read more about Jeff here.
Sign up for my newsletter to receive updates and insights on the college of the future.
Higher education expert and award-wining author Jeffrey J. Selingo captures in four perspectives–the student’s, the professor’s, the university’s, and the online course provider’s–why today’s average MOOC student can benefit tremendously from MOOCs, if they only know a bit about how… Read more »
As seen in
Book Jeff to Speak
Jeff engages audiences around the world. He’s as comfortable speaking at executive leadership retreats as he is delivering keynote speeches at national meetings, tailoring his insight and ideas as needed.Book Jeff
- Rutgers University Innovations in Graduate Business Education Conference | New Brunswick, NJ
- National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) National Conference | Columbus, OH
- Ontario College Association Annual Meeting | Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario
- Public book talk, Ridgefield Public Library | Ridgefield, CT
- Public book talk, Immaculata University | Immaculata, PA
- Georgia Institute of Technology Preview Day | Atlanta
- Public book talk, University of Denver | Denver
- Digital Measures Users Group | Milwaukee
- Talent 4.0 Conference, New England Board of Higher Education | Boston
- Public book talk, Lipscomb University | Nashville
- ACUHO-I/APPA Housing Facilities Conference | Scottsdale